Rougemont
Saint Nicholas Church (1)

In the Middle Ages, Rougemont belonged to the County of Gruyères but, before leaving on a crusade, Count Wilaire ceded the village to the order of the monks of Cluny. These monks, helped by the inhabitants of the place, built in 1080 this beautiful Romanesque church. In 1555, Rougemont passed into Bernese hands and the church became a Reformed place of worship.

Panorama 2

The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2021
All rights reserved for all countries