East of town, we enter the old city via the Baseltor, built in 1504 of Solothurn stone (Jura limestone) to replace the Eichtor, which was still made of wood. Our view is directed towards Hauptgasse, the main street of the old town. Behind us, Bastionweg leads up to the Riedholz Tower.


The Pictorial Guides
© 1988-2024
All rights reserved for all countries