Passo del Tonale
View of the ruins of the fort

On the Tonale Pass road, Fort Strino, built in 1860-1866, was part of the network of fortresses built by the Austrian-Hungarian Empire to protect its borders from invasion by Italy. Austrian until 1919, South Tyrol became part of Italy after the First World War.

Passo
del Tonale
Point de vue
Viewpoint

The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2022
All rights reserved for all countries