Mouthe
Church of the Assumption

A first church built almost entirely of wood was built on a 12th century priory and rebuilt several times in the 15th and 17th centuries but nothing remains of it. The medieval church was razed to the ground in 1732 and replaced in 1742 by the present church, which houses carved wooden choir stalls from a Cistercian abbey dating from 1553, a high altar from 1751 and a large organ from 1838.

Grand-Rue
Main Street
Doubs
Rivière/River
Mairie
Townhall

The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2022
All rights reserved for all countries