Saint-Hippolyte
Former Ursuline convent

The Ursuline convent, built in 1700, was abandoned by the nuns at the time of the Revolution and later housed the sub-prefecture, the gendarmerie, the court and the prison. Two wings are currently occupied by the primary school. Massive and rather sinister, this historic monument cannot be visited.

Grand-Rue
Main Street

The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2022
All rights reserved for all countries