Altkirch
Door of the church

Notre-Dame is the third church built on the hilltop of Altkirch. All that is known about the first one is that it probably gave its name to the town, since Altkirch means "old church". The second church was built further down in the centre of the town in the 13th century. Destroyed in 1845, its stones were partly used to build the present church.

Rue des RempartsIntérieur
Inside
Chemin de l'Eglise

The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2022
All rights reserved for all countries