Bad Säckingen
The old bridge

The wooden covered bridge at Bad Säckingen was built in the 16th century to provide access to the Fricktal region, on which the town was economically dependent and which, like it, was part of the Austrian Empire. It was not until 1803 that the Fricktal became part of the canton of Aargau and the bridge became a border between Switzerland and Germany.

Vers le nord
To north
Frontière
Border
Vers le sud
To south

The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2022
All rights reserved for all countries