France: Alps, south of Lake Léman, GenevoisRomandie, the French-speaking western part of Switzerland, is entirely bordered by France, from north to south. Here we include the regions south of Lake Léman (Lake Geneva) and the Genevois, the French region surrounding the canton of Geneva.
Except the ones shot in Saint-Gingolph (Franco-Swiss town on the banks of Lake Léman), these panoramas were shot during our 2022 "Switzerland Tour Outside Switzerland", which you can discover on this page
This Switzerland Tour beyond the borders, which crosses France, Germany, Austria and Italy, shows just how arbitrary borders can be.
The French and Swiss Alps and Pre-Alps are alike, Lake Léman remains blue in the north as well as in the south and the Jura mountains remains the Jura on both sides of the border.
The shots in neighbouring France were taken between May and July, in very variable weather conditions, between good weather and stormy skies, and many beautiful destinations are still missing.
We hope to show you more of it in 2023! More panoramas of France, shot in the Jura and in Alsace, will soon be available.
- Abondance - The village of origin of the eponymous cheese
- Argentière - Dark skies in June on the banks of the Arve
- Fort l´Ecluse - A fort that controls a gorge where the Rhône flows
- Saint-Gingolph - The small Franco-Swiss town on the southern shore of Lake Geneva
- Salève - At the foot of Geneva's iconic mountain
- Yvoire - The famous medieval town on the southern shore of Lake Geneva
The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2022
All rights reserved for all countries