Austria: Vorarlberg and Austrian TyrolAustria borders all of eastern Switzerland, from Lake Constance to the Lower Engadine, with the small Principality of Liechtenstein sandwiched between the two countries.
The bordering region covers two Bundesländer, Vorarlberg, bathed by the lake and the Rhine, and the Austrian Tyrol, a picturesque Alpine region whose south is part of Italy.
During our spring 2022 "Switzerland Tour Outside Switzerland" (of which you can discover the route on this page
), we went through Austria from Germany to Italy.
Unfortunately, we only shot a few panoramas. In spring, the weather is unstable, rainy, and it was the off-season in many of the places we visited. We hurried to Italy, promising ourselves to return in a better season!
- Arlbergpass - The pass which is on the border between Vorarlberg and Tyrol
- Bödele - View over the pastures of the Austrian Pre-Alps
- Dornbirn - The largest city in Vorarlberg, the Austrian state bordering Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Germany
- Flexenpass - Watershed between North Sea and Black Sea
- Lafairs - The valley where the Inn flows from the Engadine
- Nauders - In the Stillebach valley, on the road to Italy
- Schmitte - In the land of the Walser people
The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2022
All rights reserved for all countries